The city of Rauma was founded in 1442, that is 50 years before Columbus found America 🙂
It is the third oldest city in Finland (after Turku and Porvoo).
It is the 27th town in size with its 40,000 residents.
Rauma is a home to 2 Unesco World Heritage Sites such as ..
1. a unique Nordic wooden town Old Rauma
2. a Bronze Age burial site Sammallahdenmäki
- Land area 495 square kilometres, sea area 626 km 2
- Distances: Helsinki 240 km, Tampere 140 km, Turku 92 km, Pori 50 km
80 inhabitants per km2 land
- 114 Swedish-speaking, 0.3 % of population
- 1710 other nationalities, 4.3 % of population